Nothing beats a big fat juicy beef patty in a crispy toasted bun, dripping with tangy house-made sauce! The rich succulent taste of beef is what our taste buds crave for sometimes. Whether it’s a beef hamburger, some ground mince in your pasta, or a little bit of bacon on the side – nothing can beat its grand meaty flavours. If you’re thinking of rustling up a meaty pie or burger on the weekend, here are 4 mouth-watering, flavoursome spicy beef recipes to enjoy in just under 10 minutes!
1. Classic On-the-Go Spicy Burger
The joy of biting into a thick burger is simply irreplaceable, and here’s a classy spicy version of it you can whip up in just 10 minutes. Make sure you choose the high-quality meat for this one.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 lbs ground beef (always
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes (crushed)
- 1 tsp minced garlic and ginger
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Cucumber, tomatoes, and iceberg lettuce (as per your preference)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the minced beef, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and garlic, red chilli flakes, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Using a fork, gently mix all the ingredients until the seasonings are nicely mixed.
- Use the palm of your hands to make four patties, each 1-2 inch thick.
- On a hot grill seasoned with olive oil, sear the patties until the meat develops a nice, brown colour. Grill each side for 2 minutes for tender, juicy patties. Now, move the patties to the cooler area of the grill and further cook for another 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Lightly toast the hamburgers and spread some Dijon Mustard. Place the piping hot beef patty, some cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce on one bun, and place the other bun on top of it. The weekend burger is ready!
2. 10-Minute Smoky Beef Stir Fry
You might just forget every other recipe once you try this stir-fry. Succulent, delicious, and oozing with smoky flavours, make it in just 9-10 minutes. Using authentic Australian beef here will make this recipe even better!
Yield: 4 servings
- 500 g beef (finely sliced into thin strips)
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 strips of Bacon
- 3 tbsp oil
- Assorted vegetables (2 cups)
- In a large bowl, combine all the sauces and spices and add the beef. Make sure to coat the meat thoroughly and allow the marinade to seep in for 5 minutes. You can even set it in the fridge for a few hours.
- In a medium-sized wok, heat up some oil on medium-high heat. Toss in all your favourite vegetables and sprinkle some salt and pepper for taste. Stir-fry lightly for about 2-3 minutes but make sure to retain their crunch. Once ready, remove the veggies and add in the beef.
- Stir-fry until the meat turns brown and tender. You can even fry the beef in batches to make sure it cooks thoroughly. Toss the vegetables back in.
- Now, add in some water and oyster sauce and stir for another 2 minutes over high heat.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with freshly eared Bacon.
3. Crispy Beef Teriyaki Skillet
This dish will only steal ten minutes of your time to prepare the most sensational beef teriyaki. Make sure you’re only using the best tasting meat for this one.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb lean beef (ground)
- 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 medium-sized onion (diced)
- ¾ cup Teriyaki sauce (as preferred)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mix the cornflour, baking soda, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and add the beef. In a large preheated pan, heat 1 tsp of sesame oil on high heat. Once the smoke starts coming out, add in the beef, garlic, ginger, and onion.
- Gently break up the meat with the spatula while tossing around the ingredients. Wait until the onions are translucent and the meat is no longer pink. After 5-6 minutes, drain out the excess water and toss the meat back in the pan.
- Now add the teriyaki sauce and simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes. Once, the sauce begins to thicken, the dish is ready.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
So, what are you waiting for? Head into your kitchen, set the timer, and surprise your family and friends with these dishes in just a couple of minutes!