Acquiring talent in a global economy is easier said than done. Businesses often struggle with visas and immigration issues while hiring foreign workers, and considering immigration laws and rules change frequently, the process can be overwhelming. Should you consider looking for a business immigration lawyer near me? What are the possible reasons why you may need legal advice as an employer? In this post, we are sharing more on how an immigration lawyer is relevant for easing your work.
- Know immigration laws better. As an employer looking to bring foreign workers into the United States, you must know everything related to immigration laws. A knowledgeable lawyer can help you understand the basic things- requirements to be met, various categories of visas, how to proceed with the forms and filings, and handling other concerns. Immigration lawyers often work extensively with businesses, and they know what it takes to simplify tasks of their clients.
- Save your time. One of the key reasons why you need an immigration attorney for your business is to save time. From the time you decide to hire foreign workers, to handling all the relevant steps, including family immigration at some point, your lawyer will do it all. They can ensure that compliance and regulatory requirements are met, and the process remains a smooth one for employees you hire.
- Avoid the mistakes. Even one issue in filling the visa paperwork can impact the whole immigration process, causing unwanted delays. As an employer, time is money when hiring foreign workers, and mistakes can actually cost thousands of dollars. The amount you pay an immigration lawyer for the work they do is much lesser.
- Handling immigration issues. What happens when you want to fire an H-1B Employee? You need to notify Department of Labor (DOL) and
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. You are also required to pay the return costs to the employee to go back to their home country. Immigration issues are often complicated. For instance, if one of your employees is facing deportation, you have a role to play as an employer.
- Know your options. Another reason to get an immigration lawyer is to know your options. They can explain the categories of visas, how immigration laws can impact your company, and the consequences of various contingencies.
Contact an immigration lawyer soon after you decide to hire foreign workers. If you already have foreign workers working for your company, you need an immigration attorney anyway.