Fungal infection is common among dogs and it mostly effects on their skin. But, it can also affect dogs’ internal parts. The most common types of infection are yeast and fungal infection. If your dog has itchy skin with stinky smell then your pet is suffering from a certain type of infection.
Your lovable pet faces extreme discomfort due to fungal infection and it’s your responsibility to give them proper treatment. These organisms live on the body of the dog without causing illness but if the number of fungi increased then it’s the matter of concern. Canada Drugs proved to an effective remedy for the common infections among dogs. Let’s find out the symptom and treatment of fungal infection in dogs.
Symptoms of Fungal Infection:
Fungal infection occurs when fungal spores enter in dog’s body via respiratory tract or skin. You can easily identify infection among dogs with the help of the following symptoms.
- Continuous Rubbing and Scratching: The infection made you dog quite itchy and he continued rubbing his skin at the affected spot.
- Swelling: Redness and itching happen at the initial stage. If it remains untreated then it can easily progress to swelling and your pet face chronic pain in the infected area.
- Stinky Smell: It is the most common symptom of infection. But, a bacterial infection also has the same odour. Consult your vet to know the main reason of stinky smell.
- Hair loss: When infection affected the skin then it causes huge hair to fall.
- Greasy Skin: If your dog skin becomes oily then it may suffer from an infection.
- Licking: If your dogs licking on the particular part of the body then it may be infected.
- Changes in Appearance of Your Pet: When your dog becomes suffered from a certain type of infection then its skin appearance will change and it will be the biggest sign of fungal infection. In the initial stage, the colour of the skin becomes pink or red. After that, the colour of the skin becomes grey or black.
Treatment of Fungal Infection:
After identifying fungal infection now it’s time to treat it as soon as possible. Firstly, know the real cause of infection and then consult your vet and start appropriate treatment. Most of the veterinarians recommend oral antifungal medication for skin and paw infection. If the infection is in the ear of your dog then it can be treated topically with the help of ear cleaner and few medications. But, severe ear infection requires oral medication. Clean the skin and fur of the affected part with disinfecting shampoos.
Determine the required treatment and complete the course. A skin infection can be easily treated with the help of tea tree oil as it gives relief in skin irritation. Diagnosis of internal infection is quite difficult as it may include a blood test and X-rays along with anti-fungal medication.
Final Words: These are the common symptoms and treatment of fungal infection. Fungal infection is not a big issue but it is highly recommended to consult your vet before starting any medication.