Rhinoplasty, also known as the nose job, is the most common procedure for patients who want to change the shape of their nose cartilage. The procedure helps to modify the bone and cartilage into an appealing appearance that resonates with their bodies. It also provides additional benefits as cosmetic plastic surgery and improves nasal function after a traumatic injury or illness.
The main goal of the surgery is to revise the nose to its desired appearance by the patient. In addition, it will boost its functionality and give it a better size and shape. Therefore, it would be best to look for the top rhinoplasty surgery to carry out the surgery to ensure the process is perfect. Here you will find qualified plastic surgeons who use both science and art offering patients lasting results.
Reasons for Rhinoplasty
Many people who go for this procedure have varied reasons. They may opt for surgery after an injury to help in preventing breathing problems. However, breathing problems may also occur as a result of congenital disability. The only way to avoid having trouble with sleep and breathing is through the procedure. Some patients are also unhappy with the appearance of their noses. They may be either too large or too small. The surgery will correct the size of the nose and make it perfect.
The processes involve altering the bone, cartilage, and skin to offer s desired look. There are no fixed methods to do this. The surgeons will recommend the best option that provides a natural-looking nose for a patient. They ensure the new nose provides balance with other facial features.
The possible changes from a rhinoplasty surgery are:
- Change in size of the nose
- Change in the angle of the nose
- Straightening of the bridge
- To reshape the tip of the nose
- Narrow the nostrils
Patients who are taking the procedure to improve their appearance may have to wait until they are fully grown to take the procedure. The nasal bone is delicate and must be fly grown to see the extent of correction used to correct it. Other people who are having the surgery due to health issues can get it when they are young.
Risks of Rhinoplasty
Like any other surgery, rhinoplasty has some risks that you need to know before the procedure. Fortunately, it is a safe procedure when carried out by a professional surgeon. However, common risks from any surgery can occur with rhinoplasties, such as infection, bleeding, or adverse body reaction to anesthesia. Some more risk includes:
- Breathing difficulties
- An asymmetrical nose
- Numb nose
- Persisting pain, discoloration, or even swelling
- Septal perforation
- Need for additional surgery
The additional surgery for the nose is carried about a year after the first surgery. Therefore, it is best to talk to your doctor about these risks and their possible solutions.
Preparation for Rhinoplasty
The preparation of the procedure helps to confirm the methods that the surgeon will use in correcting the nose. Furthermore, it offers you everything you need to know about the surgery and the likeliness it will work out as planned. Therefore, the first meeting with your surgeon focuses on the following key points:
- Discuss your medical history: it aims to help you know your goals and motivation for this surgery. The medical record is also essential to know about every possible information on the nasal obstruction, surgeries, and any medication you take. Doctors also need to know if you have a bleeding disorder like hemophilia. Patients with this belling disorder are not able to undergo any surgery.
- Physical examination: the doctors conduct a complete physical analysis such as laboratory tests and blood tests. They will also examine the facial features on the exterior and interior of your nose. Physical characteristics help the doctor know to what extent they will ensure the nose matches your other facial features.
- Photographs: The photograph of the nose from different angles offers a clearer picture of the correction need. Using manipulation computer software, they will show you the results possible, and you can choose your desired appearance.
- Discuss your expectations: your doctor should offer advice on your motivation and anticipation after the surgery. They will explain the results of your surgery and let you consider the facts. Surgeons may also provide to conduct more surgery to make your facial features impressive. For example, people with small chin may need augmentation to help them rhyme with their noses.
Recovery after Rhinoplasty
After the surgery, most patients take time to recover. Often, there is a feeling of mild to moderate discomfort that is controlled by medication. The recovery period is unique to patients but can be awkward with possible bruising under the eyes with a splint. During this period, patients should avoid strenuous activities like jogging and swim for at least two to three weeks. Also, they should refrain from wearing glasses for about four to five weeks.
Are you ready to get your rhinoplasty from top qualified plastic surgeons? Here is more about the criteria to find the best plastic surgeon and enjoy their comprehensive services. Although rhinoplasty is complex, a good surgeon will help you achieve the physical appearance you need. In addition, a trustworthy doctor will also help you gain lasting results from the process after the surgery.